PE & Sports Premium Information
What is the Sports Premium?
The government provides funding worth £320 million per year to support its aim of giving children the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation and is central to meeting the government’s ambitions for a world-class education system. This money is going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The government has set 5 aims for related to the funding for schools to work towards:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
View our Sports Premium Report: